Terms and Conditions
Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions prior to making your purchase. It’s very important to us that you’re happy with your purchase and the overall experience of doing business with us. If you have not already done so, please also review the FAQs and Tips sections of our website, which contain a variety of additional information regarding our products, the assembly process and other topics. As always, if you have any questions or need more information, please get in touch with us.
Keys to a Successful Pergola Purchase
- Spend some time on our resources pages, reading the FAQs, How to Measure for a Pergola, etc.
- Determine if you’ll be installing the pergola yourself, or if you’ll be hiring a contractor to assist you. Check out our installer directory or contact us if you need help.
- Include the shipping address and current phone number of the person that the shipping company can contact for delivery reasons prior to shipment. Orders cannot be verified for delivery without a valid delivery address and phone number.
- If you know there are certain dates you cannot receive the shipment, enter those dates in the order notes section when placing your order.
- Someone will need to be present at time of delivery to receive, inspect and unload the shipment by hand, piece by piece. Plan to have at least two healthy individuals available to help unload the shipment from the truck. It will take 15-20 minutes for an average size kit, a bit more for larger kits. Large custom sizes can take longer to inspect and unload, and you may want to plan to have an extra person or two.
- Inspect the kit while the driver is still there (before signing for acceptance of the shipment) to ensure all parts have been received and there is no damage. Missing parts or damage must be noted on the delivery documentation before you sign it. Take pictures of any damage including noticeable damage to the shipping crate, and inform us as soon as you can via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 877-563-0002.
- Since all of our kits are cut to order for each individual customer, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Shipments refused for any reason other than damage defined in our shipping policy may result in storage and shipping fees or loss of initial payment.
- Assemble your pergola promptly after receipt of the kit and follow our storage recommendations, or let us know if you would like us to delay the completion and shipment of your kit.
- Pressure treated pine kits must be assembled while still moist and allowed to dry before staining or painting.
- Follow our assembly instructions, check out our installation videos and contact us with questions.
- Seal, stain or paint the wood once the first year and every other year after that.
- Contact us at any time during the process to ask questions or get assistance.
Pergola Depot products ship to our customers free of charge within the contiguous United States. Expedited shipping and shipping outside the contiguous United States may be available for an additional charge.
Pergola kit orders generally ship from our facility within 10 business days from the day we receive cleared payment. We will include the estimated ship date for your kit in the order confirmation and will contact you if the actual ship date is going to be different. If you would like us to ship your kit in less than 10 business days, please contact us to determine if expedited shipping for an additional fee may be suitable.
If you have certain scheduling constraints when you will not be available to receive your shipment, please provide that information in the order notes section during checkout and we will schedule your shipment accordingly, which may mean that your order will need to ship later than 10 business days from the date of your payment.
Most of the items on our website will be shipped motor freight due to size and weight restrictions. We reserve the right to use any courier partner of our choice to ship your order. Once your order leaves our production facility in Florida, delivery times are typically between 2 days and 7 days from the date of shipment. Upon shipment from our facility we will send you a notification with estimated arrival date and a tracking number, so you will be able to track your items during transit. We will include a picture of your kit before it is shipped and a packing list so you will be able to see exactly what the crate should look like when it arrives and have the packing list to verify the kit contents that should have been received.
The shipping company will call you a day or two in advance to schedule delivery. You must have someone age 18 or older who is physically capable of unloading the shipment present at the shipment address to receive your order.
The shipping company is only obligated to deliver curbside, meaning that they generally will not pull into driveways for the freight to be unloaded. The shipping company’s driver will move the crate to the back of the truck and you will have to unload the crate by hand, piece by piece.
Please make sure you have someone available at the time of delivery to receive it, and at least two able bodied individuals to unload the shipment. The shipping company does not require the driver to help. Two or more healthy individuals should be able to unload a pergola kit piece by piece in 15-20 minutes depending upon kit size and other factors. It will take 15-20 minutes for an average size kit, a bit more for larger kits. Large custom sizes can take longer to inspect and unload, and you may want to plan to have an extra person or two. The shipping company generally allows up to 30 minutes for unloading without additional charges. We recommend you unload the crate to a location as close to the truck as possible to minimize the time it takes to unload. You can then move the parts to your storage or assembly area once the truck leaves.
Upon receiving your shipment, you must inspect the crate and all of the pieces to ensure all parts have arrived and there is no damage.
If there is damage to your shipment or any parts are missing when it arrives to you, we will replace the missing or damaged parts at no charge, in accordance with the following procedure:
- If you find damage to one or more individual pieces, or if parts are missing(when unloading the crate piece by piece), you must make a note of the damage on the driver’s delivery paper work before signing to accept the shipment. If this is not done we will be unable to make a claim against the shipping company and we may need to charge you for replacement parts. It is also important that you take pictures of the damage including any noticeable damage to the crate before/ while unloading.
- If the crate has clearly sustained substantial damage (such that you believe it may be difficult to identify individual parts that are damaged), then it may be best to refuse the shipment (this is rarely necessary). Please take pictures of the shipment. This way the shipment will be redirected back to our warehouse where we can inspect each piece. We will then rebuild the parts that were damaged, re-pack the crate and resend the shipment to you.
- In any case when there is damage, or parts are missing, your replacements will be prioritized in our production schedule and we will typically ship replacements back to you within 1-3 days. Please contact us if you have any questions and, email us a brief explanation of the damage or missing parts, copy of the delivery paperwork (either refused or marked as damaged) and pictures to email@example.com.
Additional Policy Information
Since all of our kits are cut to order for each individual customer, we do not accept returns or issue refunds other than as described in our shipping policy. Shipments that cannot be delivered as a result of the customer or customer’s representative not being available to accept delivery, or refused by customer or customer’s representative for any reason other than damage as defined in our shipping policy may result in storage or shipping fees that will be the responsibility of the customer; or loss of initial payment. Any such storage or shipment fees must be paid by the customer prior to rescheduling shipment.
If your order arrives incomplete (missing parts), damaged or defective, Pergola Depot will replace the missing, damaged or defective parts in accordance with our shipping policy and limited warranty.
Pergola Depot provides assembly instructions with each of its pergola kits, but is not responsible for injuries or damages that occur during or after installation. The customer is responsible for assembly and installation, should use competent help if needed, abide by local building codes and obtain permits as may be required by such codes.
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. If you purchase a third-party product on our website that is shipped directly from our vendor, we will provide our vendor with only your shipping information. Our site is secure; we have the cookies and malware protection required to have a secure site, which allows you to enter your information in a secure environment where only our team members can view the information as required to process your order. Your credit card information is not saved on our website.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Pergola Depot provides a one (1) year limited warranty on its pergola kit products covering missing parts, defects in materials and workmanship or damage to the pergola kit sustained prior to delivery to you (the original owner of the installed pergola).
Our pergola kits are constructed using natural wood, including rough sawn western red cedar, pressure treated southern yellow pine or other wood products that we may utilize from time to time. The lumber is pre-cut and drilled to facilitate assembly, but is not sanded or stained. The wood used in our pergola kits will include varying amounts of natural color shading, grain, knots, minor cracks and minor warping or other non-structural imperfections.
We require that our customers thoroughly inspect the contents of their pergola kit (in accordance with our shipping policy) at the time it is delivered to ensure that all specified parts have been received and there are no visibly damaged or defective parts. In order to ensure coverage under this warranty, any visible damage or missing parts must be indicated on the shipper’s paperwork prior to signing for acceptance of the shipment.
We provide assembly instructions with each of our pergola kits, but we are not responsible for installation or any injuries or damages that occur during or after assembly or installation. The customer is responsible for assembly and installation, should hire competent help if needed, abide by local building codes and obtain permits as may be required by such codes.
We recommend that our customers assemble and install their pergola promptly after receipt, and store the contents of the kit in a garage or shed to prevent exposure to the elements prior to assembly. We recommend that pressure treated pine kits are installed within a week after delivery, and are stored inside a garage or shed, covered with a tarp to help maintain the moisture content of the wood prior to assembly. Pressure Treated Pine kits must be assembled while moist and allowed to dry prior to painting or staining. Assembly of kits after 30 days from delivery, or painting or staining pressure treated pine kits prior to assembly will void this warranty and require that we charge for any parts that become warped or otherwise damaged.
We recommend that pergola posts are installed in or on top of concrete footings or an existing concrete slab. Installing wooden posts directly into the ground is not recommended and will reduce the useful life of your pergola.
The Pergola Depot warranty covers missing parts, damage sustained prior to assembly or defects in our products that would prevent proper assembly of the kit or cause the pergola structure to be unstable once it is assembled. Visible damage or missing parts must be indicated on the shipper’s paperwork prior to signing for acceptance of the shipment and must be reported within 7 days of receiving the product in accordance with our shipping policy. This warranty will cover excessive warping or structurally unsound cracking of lumber for up to one year from the date you receive your pergola, provided that you have complied with the other provisions of this warranty.
This warranty lasts for one year from the date you received your pergola kit. You must indicate visible damage sustained prior to assembly and missing parts on the shipper’s paperwork before signing for acceptance of the shipment, and report visible damage or missing parts within 7 days of receiving the product. Coverage terminates if you sell the property on which the pergola is installed.
Pergola Depot will replace missing, damaged or defective parts at no charge. In certain circumstances, Pergola Depot and customer may agree that it is more convenient for Pergola Depot to provide a refund for the cost of missing, damaged or defective parts.
The Pergola Depot warranty does not apply to injury, damage or defects incurred after delivery, such as may have been incurred during assembly or installation; those caused by normal wear and tear, abuse, misuse, or an act of God (such as, but not limited to wind, lightning, tornado, flood).
The Pergola Depot warranty does not apply to the cost of materials or labor provided by others that may have been incurred by customer for assembly, installation, inspection or other purposes.
Other consequential or incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
In order to be eligible for coverage under this warranty you must: (i) indicate visible damage or missing parts on the shipper’s paperwork prior to signing for acceptance and report such visible damage sustained prior to assembly or missing parts to us within 7 days of receiving your product, and (ii) for all other coverage contact us within one (1) calendar year after receiving your shipment.
Send a description of your claim together with your name, address and phone number, together with a copy of the shipper’s paperwork and any pictures of the damage or defective parts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us at: 1-877-563-0002
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.